We are proud to announce that Alfredo Corralero finishes 3.600 Kilometers (2.237 miles) running around Spain during 2 month, achieving the “3600 Kilometros Solidarios” Challenge.
He started on 1th June from Tarifa, Andalucia, and finished last 30th July at Cap de Creus, Catalonia.
*Press the map to see the route details.
RunnerSquare has been one of the companies supporting this Challenge and from here we want to send congratulations to Alfredo, his family and all the people that has been supporting them during this amazing run.
This Challenge is linked to a cause to build a small Helathcare Center in Guinea Bissau. You still can donate here.
We want to share with you some Facts & Statistics about Physical Activity in US published by President’s Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition.
- Only one in three children are physically active every day.
- Less than 5% of adults participate in 30 minutes of physical activity each day; only one in three adults receive the recommended amount of physical activity each week.
- Only 35 – 44% of adults 75 years or older are physically active, and 28-34% of adults ages 65-74 are physically active.
- More than 80% of adults do not meet the guidelines for both aerobic and muscle-strengthening activities, and more than 80% of adolescents do not do enough aerobic physical activity to meet the guidelines for youth.
- In 2013, research found adults in the following states to be most likely to report exercising 3 or more days a week for at least 30 minutes: Vermont (65.3%), Hawaii (62.2%), Montana (60.1%), Alaska (60.1%). The least likely were Delaware (46.5%), West Virginia (47.1%) and Alabama (47.5%). The national average for regular exercise is 51.6%.
- Children now spend more than seven and a half hours a day in front of a screen (e.g., TV, videogames, computer).
- Nationwide, 25.6% of persons with a disability reported being physically inactive during a usual week, compared to 12.8% of those without a disability.
- Only about one in five homes have parks within a half-mile, and about the same number have a fitness or recreation center within that distance.
- Only 6 states (Illinois, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New York and Vermont) require physical education in every grade, K-12.
28.0% of Americans, or 80.2 million people, aged six and older are physically inactive.
- Nearly one-third of high school students play video or computer games for 3 or more hours on an average school day.
We created RunnerSquare to help you have a healthier life through Physical Activity. We think it is the baseline for a healthier lifestyle.
On other hand, we think workplaces should have a year Corporate Wellness Program, as work time is a long period of time with a high impact on health due to inactivity of employees. That’s why we have developed the most advanced and fully customizable technology for launching and managing Corporate Wellness Programs.
As a RunnerSquare member, from now on if you are using other Fitness Apps, Wearables or Watches you can set up automatic connection with them. It means that once you set up the connection, your activity fitness data will be imported directly to your RunnerSquare profile automatically. We check out 3 times a day if you have performed any new activity. When found a new activity, the system automatically will import your workout data to your RunnerSquare profile.
RunnerSquare is an open digital platform where members can use their preferred measuring device or app. We like ourselves to be defined as the “Switzerland” of physical activity tracking data repository, as we do not belong to any commercial brand nor have specific branded interest as the major fitness Apps, Wearables and Watches have today in the market (as most of them belong to big commercial fitness or sport brands).
You may use RunnerSquare iOS or Android app, but in case you want to use other activity tracking device, you can set up the Automatic Connect feature following below steps:
Important: Automatic Connect feature is only available on the website version
- Go to https://www.runnersquare.com and Sign In
- Press Side Menu Bar icon and click on Settings
- At the new Menú Bar displayed, select Connect option
- Choose your preferred fitness tracking App, Wearable or Watch by pressing the Connect or +Info button and follow the instructions.Once you are connected, we will be updating your profile daily with your latest activities automatically.
Today RunnerSuare CEO, Santi Torres, attended to official presentation of “3600 Kms Solidarios” Charity Challenge leaded by Ivan Mañero Foundation.
RunnerSquare is collaborating with this cause and has developed the digital tracking platform to follow Alfredo Corralero, the runner that from 1st May will run 3600 Kms all around Spain.
You can follow Alfredo through the 3600 Kms Solidarios RunnerSquare’s customized site.
Here is the route Alfredo is going to run begining on 1st May 2016.
Below you can see our CEO, Santi Torres, presenting the site of the challenge.
Our friends of Ivan Mañero Foundation, leaded by Ruth Mañero, presenting this nice cause.
We think Running is really a lifestyle, full of great unique moments.
Combination of Running & Photography take you to save those unique moments for ever, and also allow you to share those moments with others.
Below is a sample of a few photos from RunnerSquare Community. We invite you to Run with us and publish your photos.
We have improved the Workout edition feature that allow you to change or add details about it.
To go to Workout edition screen follow next steps:
- Click on Workouts option, at the top menu bar
- Select My workouts
- Select from the bottom of your workout dashboard, the workout you want to edit
- At the workout detail screen, click on the Edit icon you will see
A Pop Up screen will appear. From there you will be able to change or add the following workout information:
Date, Country & Location, description, make it private/public and change/add a photo.
This month we challenge you to do a Virtual Triathlon (full Ironman distance equivalent).
It is very simple to say, but not so easy to do. Are you ready for…?
Swim 3.800 meters (4,155 yards) | Join here
Ride 180 km (112 miles) | Join here
Run a Marathon (42 Km | 26 miles) | Join here
For those who don’t like too much exercise, you can join to our Walking Challenge and walk 30 Km (18,6 miles) in May.
Yesterday RunnerSquare attended the Day of Innovation FC Barcelona, a technology in sports innovation workshop organized by the FC Barcelona and the Global Sports Innovation Center (GSIC), to which RunnerSquare is member.
The aim of the innovation workshop was to share disruptive technology in sports.
The future of how we will experience sport is changing dramatically fast. RunnerSquare offers a good example by organizing monthly virtual challenges to which athletes can participate whenever and wherever they want.
World Health Organization (WHO) recommends the following levels of Physical activity for adults aged 18 – 64 years in order to improve cardiorespiratory and muscular fitness, bone health, reduce the risk of NCDs and depression:
- Adults aged 18–64 should do at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic physical activity throughout the week or do at least 75 minutes of vigorous-intensity aerobic physical activity throughout the week or an equivalent combination of moderate- and vigorous-intensity activity.
- Aerobic activity should be performed in bouts of at least 10 minutes duration.
- For additional health benefits, adults should increase their moderate-intensity aerobic physical activity to 300 minutes per week, or engage in 150 minutes of vigorous-intensity aerobic physical activity per week, or an equivalent combination of moderate- and vigorous-intensity activity.
- Muscle-strengthening activities should be done involving major muscle groups on 2 or more days a week.
RunnerSquare helps you to follow World Health recommendations and stay motivated. Check out our latest physical activity challenges here.
We invite you to join to the Fitness Challenges we have prepared for you on April:
May be you cannot go to run the Boston Marathon this year, but we challenge you to run 42Km (26.2 miles) on April?. Are you ready?
How fit are you riding a bike? We challenge you to ride uphill 4,500 meters (14,763 feet) on April.
Let’s see how swimmer are you. We challenge you to start swimming 1,500 meters (1,640 yards) on April.
How to Join a Challenge?
If you are using RunnerSquare’s app, go to Challenges option at the side menu bar and once you are in the Challenges screen, swipe on the icon of the Challenge you want to join.
In case you are connecting to RunnerSquare using other apps or wearables, you can join to a Challenge through the website version. Tap on the Challenges option at the menu and click the Join.
At the time to import your fitness data it will be counting for the challenge you joined automatically.