Okay, Runners. 2015 is here and it’s time to sit LESS and run MORE!
The new year is the perfect opportunity to set some goals and running resolutions for yourself and we have you covered with a few tips.
Everyone wants to “get in shape” this year; instead of setting vague resolutions for yourself that you know you won’t keep, find creative, simple goals you can work toward with tangible efforts.
Here are a few running goals we think should be on your list:
- Improve your distance reached. For example, make the goal to reach 100, 200 or 500 miles/kilometers by 2016.
- Beat your best time for a 5k, 10k or marathon run.
- Commit to going on a run at least three times per week.
- Aim to focus on your form and building healthier habits, like drinking two extra glasses of water every day instead of soda or consistently stretching.
- Find a running buddy in your area who can motivate you, challenge you and hold you accountable to your goals.
Using our Training features you can track your workout goals and with our Social Running feature you can take your passion to the public to inspire others.
The Runners Around Map can show you fellow RunnerSquare members who are currently running. You can meet up, run together and build relationships with people who can help you keep your 2015 goals and challenge you throughout the week to stay motivated.
Get ready to put your running shoes on and start 2015 off on the right foot!