The holidays are long gone and time seems like it is speeding past you, we know the feeling. RunnerSquare has come up with a few helpful items for you to keep in your car or your gym bag to help you as you get ready for a run and recover post-workout!
Gym Bag Essentials:
- Prepare snacks the night before; always have a protein bar or some protein powder handy. About 10 percent of the calories you consume should be protein. This will help you tone, build muscle and keep your energy high.
- Keep an extra pair of running shoes tucked under your chair or in your office for an impromptu workout. You don’t want your footwear to be the only thing holding you back when a little healthy spontaneity strikes!
- Keep reusable water bottles filled and around your house. Drinking at least eight ounces of water a day clears out toxins and keeps you from getting dehydrated when you’re ready to run.
- Store some small samples of deodorant, body spray and hair care so you can freshen up after a sweat session. Ladies: gather hair ties, headbands and bobby pins in a baggie to fix flyaways and keep your hair fresh.
- Tuck away hand sanitizer to keep germs at the gym from cramping your schedule with a nasty bug. Nobody wants to take home the flu, and your post-workout, tired body is more susceptible to attacks.
- Throw a few headphones into the bag because being without your tunes can make or break a workout.
- Download RunnerSquare and take your phone with you before breakfast, during your lunch break or for your sunset stroll to record your progress and reach your goals.
Okay, Runners. 2015 is here and it’s time to sit LESS and run MORE!
The new year is the perfect opportunity to set some goals and running resolutions for yourself and we have you covered with a few tips.
Everyone wants to “get in shape” this year; instead of setting vague resolutions for yourself that you know you won’t keep, find creative, simple goals you can work toward with tangible efforts.
Here are a few running goals we think should be on your list:
- Improve your distance reached. For example, make the goal to reach 100, 200 or 500 miles/kilometers by 2016.
- Beat your best time for a 5k, 10k or marathon run.
- Commit to going on a run at least three times per week.
- Aim to focus on your form and building healthier habits, like drinking two extra glasses of water every day instead of soda or consistently stretching.
- Find a running buddy in your area who can motivate you, challenge you and hold you accountable to your goals.
Continue reading →
We’ve all been there before. Nothing is more plaguing to a runner than feeling as if you are stuck in a rut. Whether it is going your normal route, pulling on the same chafing shoes, too-similar-morning slumps or the frustration when you just cannot beat your last PR no matter how hard you try – we get it.
We at RunnerSquare, the running network made for runners by runners, have been there before, too. When we were designing our app, we wanted to make sure to provide all our runners with a way to spruce things up and break free from their mundane routines. That is why we created the RunnerSquare Challenges and specially designed Training Programs!
How does it work?
- Set a workout goal and get audio feedback as you go to help you reach it (It’s almost as if you had your own personal trainer with you!)
- Raise your RS Level by adding and improving your workouts over time
- Compete for a chance to be in a top ranking position in the RunnerSquare network
- Participate in RS Prize for a chance to win prizes
- Use our complete set of Training Programs to reach customized goals
- Track your running metrics with our Pace Calculator to measure progress
- Interact and inspire other runners by sharing your goals, achievements and photos from your workouts and competitions
You can set up your goals to get specific training and track your pace mobily and for free.
Take advantage of the Training Program and Pace Calculator features and many more to make the most of your running experience.
Download RunnerSquare for free on iOS and Android devices.